Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TWD: Blueberry Crumb Cake



This week's Tuesdays with Dorie is from Sihan of Befuddlement. She chose for us to bake the Blueberry Crumb Cake from Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan. The recipe can be found here. It's a simple cake to put together. I made a few substitutions, first, I used plain nonfat yogurt instead of buttermilk because I had that on hand. I substituted one of the cups of flour in the cake with whole wheat pastry flour. Also, I used cinnamon almonds in the crumb mixture instead of walnuts.

I really liked this one. The crumb topping forms a nice crust on top of the cake, and the cake underneath is light and moist. The cake is chock full of berries, and I bet that it will taste even better tomorrow. I will definitely make this again. I think that this cake would also taste great with cranberries, huckleberries, or cherries.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks wonderful! We loved this cake at our house :)

Anonymous said...

Cinnamon almonds sound great! I liked this one a lot too.

Jayne said...

I agree with Jill - cinnamon almonds sound great!

TeaLady said...

Looks just right. Yummy!

Jenifer Martian said...

Yummy and delicious. Thanks for sharing. visit Peri -Peri Guys restaurant that is famous for its best deals of Fast food restaurant in Hicksville NY.