Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hash Brown Egg Bake


I made this dish for a brunch I hosted a few months ago. I adapted it from a recipe from Taste of Home magazine. I made quite a few changes in adapting this recipe. I decreased the amount of potatoes and bacon (I know, crazy, right?), and increased the amount of eggs that was in the original recipe. I also added some spinach, which really went well with the rest of the ingredients. This recipe is extremely easy, and you can even make the night before and pop in the oven the next morning.

Hash Brown Egg Bake

Serves 8
  • 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed (I removed 1 cup of hash browns from the package and saved them for another use)
  • 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
  • 1 cup fresh baby spinach (packed), chopped
  • 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 10 eggs
  • 2 cups milk
  • Dash paprika

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup cheese, spinach, salt, and pepper. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, beat eggs and milk until smooth; pour over hash brown mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for about 45 minutes until golden. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 5 minutes more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm making this tomorrow for my mom's birthday!