Tuesday, August 18, 2009

TWD: Applesauce Spice Bars




This week's Tuesdays with Dorie is from Karen of Something Sweet by Karen. She chose for us to bake the Applesauce Spice Bars from Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan. You can find the recipe here. It is a simple recipe, and the perfect snack to get ready for Fall. I could smell the cinnamon throughout the house while the bars were baking. The only substitutions I made to the recipe is that I used nutmeg and ginger instead of the allspice, since I didn't have any on hand at the time. Also, I left out the raisins because I didn't have them as well. I wouldn't recommend making this recipe all the time because it does have a lot of butter and sugar in it, but every once in a while, it makes a nice treat.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Lots of butter and sugar, that's true for sure. I enjoyed these though and skipped the glaze. Pretty tasty. Nice job!

TeaLady said...

It was easy and tasty. Yours look perfect.

Leslie said...

These were a big hit here (but the butter and sugar do make them an indulgence). Glad you liked them!