Thursday, January 14, 2010

CEiMB: Arugula, Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza




This week's Craving Ellie in My Belly is from Maria of Half Meatball/Half Matzoh Ball Children. She chose for us to make the Arugula, Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza from The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life by Ellie Krieger. This is a quick and easy meal, you simply sauté onions until they are soft and caramelized, you then add arugula to the skillet to wilt it slightly. Then you top your whole-wheat tortilla or flatbread with the onion/arugula mixture, dot with goat cheese, and pop in the oven. I added some sun-dried tomatoes to the onion/arugula mixture to balance the peppery flavor of the arugula with the sweetness of the sun-dried tomatoes. I also added a small amount of balsamic vinegar. It really perked up the topping. I used herbed goat cheese that had basil and garlic in it. I think this tasted great. It's really quick and would make a great dinner for one or two, or it would be a great appetizer when it is cut into wedges.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I bet that the herbed goat cheese was so good on this pizza. I loved eating this pizza for lunch. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

I love the addition of balsamic vinegar and sundried tomatoes - great idea! I think that would have given the perfect punch of acid.

Maria Salomon said...

I hadn't thought of the sun-dried tomatoes....nice touch!
Thanks for cooking with me....I'm glad you liked the recipe!